Help Support Figureworks
Figureworks.Org is a volunteer based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting and celebrating the visual art of the human form. Hilde Lambrechts, the founder of Figureworks.Org believes working from the figure is essential for developing and nurturing artistic skill. In light of the fact that figurative work was found to be underrepresented in galleries Lambrechts launched Figureworks.Org in 2010 to fill the gap.
About the Award Show
The annual award show is professionally and rigorously juried and is set in a beautiful and centrally located downtown gallery space in Canada’s capital city. The show serves to promote the visual arts of the human form and participating artists on an international level. The juried award show offers a much needed venue for artists to compete which can be critical in the development of a career particularly for an emerging artist. The show also offers participating artists an opportunity to sell their work without the usual gallery commission.
Besides the award show Figureworks.Org fulfills its mission in a number of ways: The Figureworks.Org website is maintained where each member artist has a page with a short biography, a photo of themselves, and a link to their own personal website. Connecting the Community is also a key mandate for the organization. Membership is free and provides participating artists an opportunity to connect both with like-minded artists as well as the modeling community. Figureworks believes that the role of the model is as both muse and partner to the artist and seeks to serve as an intermediary between the artist and modeling community.
Apply to join the Figureworks board of directors
Our volunteer board of directors determines the orientation of Figureworks and undertakes the work to make our initiatives happen. We host one large juried show and award ceremony every two years, and hold around eight board meetings per year. We lead and participate in jury selection and process, put on smaller events, develop policy, and provide logistical support to selected artists.
We are looking for candidates for whom this sort of work would contribute to their own development and who are also able to contribute some skills, time, and energy.
Areas that we identify as particularly useful in the coming year include:
- Digital communications
- Diversity and Inclusion Outreach
- Event planning
- Fund development / Grant writing
- Volunteer recruitment
We are actively looking for volunteers who can help us with the following;
- Event assistants (Set up, Tear down, Gallery sitters)
- Social media/communications
- Event planning
- Grant writing
- Sponsorships and partnership development
- Legal and accounting council
- Board members and Advisory Board members
If you are interested in volunteering with Figureworks please email email@example.com.
Donations and Sponsorship
How Your Support Will Help
Figureworks is privately funded through donations, submission fees and sponsorships. Through donations we aim to:
- Reduce submission fees.
- Continue to increase the monetary value of the prizes available for the artists and in turn attract more professional artists from across Canada and internationally.
- Over the next year we intend to formalize Figureworks.org into a registered organization allowing us to form stronger partnerships and apply for funding that may enable us to expand our mandate to include not only the annual competition and show but additional projects and workshops. Donations will greatly help us get past the initial costs associated with the registration.
Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and help move us towards our goals.
If you are interested in sponsoring Figureworks please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help support Figureworks through an online donation via PayPal. Please note that we do not have charitable status and as such can not issue tax receipts.
Mail a Cheque
You can send Figureworks.org a cheque. Please mail it to:
27 Johanna St
K0A 1A0 Canada